Re: Cosmetically-varying casts added to view definitions

От Ken Tanzer
Тема Re: Cosmetically-varying casts added to view definitions
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Jul 30, 2018 at 4:10 PM Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
On 07/30/2018 02:26 PM, Ken Tanzer wrote:

> This doesn't impair the view's functionality, so I can't necessarily
> complain.  But it does make it harder for me to know if the views were
> recreated correctly.  I'd be curious to know what is going on here, and
> if there's any way to avoid this behavior.

The only way I can think of to maintain a consistent definition is to
always create the view from the original definition:

CREATE VIEW test_tmp AS (SELECT 1 FROM l_payment_form WHERE
payment_form_code IN ('CREDIT_CARD','OTHER'));

Thanks Adrian.  I do have what are supposed to be the original view definitions, but I'm less than 100% confident they are accurate and up-to-date, which is why I thought to use the actual definitions as stored.  Might have to rethink that one though, or just take a leap of faith that the views will functionally be the same!

Cheers,
Ken

p.s.,  I forgot to mention this in my original post, but for the record, PG version 9.6.9.

--
AGENCY Software
A Free Software data system

learn more about AGENCY or