[GENERAL] 9.6 parameters messing up my 9.2 pg_dump/pg_restore

От Ken Tanzer
Тема [GENERAL] 9.6 parameters messing up my 9.2 pg_dump/pg_restore
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi.  I've got a CentOS server with 9.2 and 9.6 both running.  (Both from PGDG).  I've got a cron job that transfers data from one DB to another, that recently stopped working, and I traced it to my installing 9.6.  The dump comand is pretty straightforward:

pg_dump -c -O -t "${prefix}*"...

But at the top it sets a bunch of parameters, some of which are unrecognized by 9.2, which then throws an error and causes my transaction to fail.  Top of the dump file:

--
-- PostgreSQL database dump
--

-- Dumped from database version 9.2.21
-- Dumped by pg_dump version 9.6.3

SET statement_timeout = 0;
SET lock_timeout = 0;
SET idle_in_transaction_session_timeout = 0;
SET client_encoding = 'UTF8';
SET standard_conforming_strings = off;
SET check_function_bodies = false;
SET client_min_messages = warning;
SET escape_string_warning = off;
SET row_security = off;

And output from running pg_restore:

BEGIN
SET
ERROR:  unrecognized configuration parameter "lock_timeout"
ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block
ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block
ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block

I didn't see any options for dealing with this, though I'm hoping I'm missing something easy or obvious.  Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Ken

--
AGENCY Software
A Free Software data system