Re: Cosmetically-varying casts added to view definitions

От Ken Tanzer
Тема Re: Cosmetically-varying casts added to view definitions
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Jul 30, 2018 at 4:52 PM Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
On 07/30/2018 04:29 PM, Ken Tanzer wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 30, 2018 at 4:10 PM Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

> Thanks Adrian.  I do have what are supposed to be the original view
> definitions, but I'm less than 100% confident they are accurate and
> up-to-date, which is why I thought to use the actual definitions as
> stored.  Might have to rethink that one though, or just take a leap of
> faith that the views will functionally be the same!

Or write a test or tests to verify they are the same.

How would you do that exactly?  I can see verifying that they return the same rows given existing data, but not that this would be true with different data.

Did you mean comparing the returned results, writing some view-specific tests on a case-by-case basis, or something way way better that I'm not grasping?

Thanks!

Ken

--
AGENCY Software
A Free Software data system

learn more about AGENCY or
follow the discussion.

Сообщение: Re: Cosmetically-varying casts added to view definitions
Сообщение: Re: Cosmetically-varying casts added to view definitions