Re: Need to check each element of an array satisfies a foreign key constraint

От Ken Tanzer
Тема Re: Need to check each element of an array satisfies a foreign key constraint
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Jul 13, 2021 at 7:47 AM David Gauthier <davegauthierpg@gmail.com> wrote:
Ok, thanks.

I was looking for, but didn't find, something like... each_element_of(regexp_split_to_array(children_csv)) references projects(project);
Of course the "each_element_of" is my creation here :-)

Several years ago, I had hopes for this, and still do.  It would be great for my use cases.  From what I remember, it was "complicated."  There was a patch proposed at least as far back as 9.3 for this[1].    Googling for this now though, I see there was some activity on it this year[2].  Does anyone know the status of this, or if/when this is likely to show up in Postgresql?  Thanks!

Ken

--
AGENCY Software
A Free Software data system