Re: pg_dump doesn't restore on newer database due to schema issues (bug or limitation?)

От Ken Tanzer
Тема Re: pg_dump doesn't restore on newer database due to schema issues (bug or limitation?)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 6:55 AM, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@gmail.com> wrote:
What was the pg_dump command you used to dump the database?

pg_dump -p 3333 -h localhost -F p -U spc_ag spc_test_1005 > ~/spc_test_1005_dump_with_pg_9_2_5.sql

So to be clear, housing_project_from_unit was not restored at all unless you manually changed the search_path or did Postgres throw an error at restore it at a later point?

I believe housing_project_from_unit (function) was created.  tbl_unit_absence was created, and the error was caused when it tried to populate tbl_unit_absence, because it had the constraint using housing_project_from_unit().  That function couldn't find tbl_housing_project, because it was in the public schema, which was not in the search path at that point.

I didn't actually try it, but it's a plain SQL dump, and there were no attempts to populate tbl_unit_absence further on in the file.

Ken

--
AGENCY Software
A data system that puts you in control