Capturing only queries with --echo-hidden option?

От Ken Tanzer
Тема Capturing only queries with --echo-hidden option?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi.  I was playing with the -E option a bit[1].  If I do for example a \d, the queries and the regular output are interspersed on the screen.  I see I can use \o to send the regular output to a file, leaving only the queries on the screen.  But is there any way to do the reverse (capture the queries to a file, output on screen), and/or send both streams to separate files?

If there isn't, would this gain any traction as a feature request?  Something like --echo-hidden=<filename>?  I can't say it would be top of my feature request list, but it seems like it could come in handy from time-to-time, and maybe more so for others.

TIA & Cheers,
Ken

[1] I was wondering if it might be a helpful way to narrow down the unrecognized node type error described in https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CADTdw-yGfNyHSLXajBFgCEod9dCh8Ys2%3D9j-gNh6kX5oEpkRNA%40mail.gmail.com

--
AGENCY Software
A Free Software data system

learn more about AGENCY or
follow the discussion.

Сообщение: Re: ERROR: unrecognized node type
Сообщение: Re: ERROR: unrecognized node type