Re: PATCH: Report libpq version and configuration

От Masahiko Sawada
Тема Re: PATCH: Report libpq version and configuration
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Craig,

On Wed, Nov 11, 2020 at 1:11 PM Craig Ringer
<craig.ringer@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 10, 2020 at 2:22 PM Craig Ringer <craig.ringer@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>>

>> The main things I'd really like to get in place are a way to get the version as an ELF data symbol, and a simple way
toID the binary.

>> So the minimal change would be to declare:
>>
>> const char LIBPQ_VERSION_STR[] = PG_VERSION_STR;
>> const int LIBPQ_VERSION_NUM = PG_VERSION_NUM;
>>
>> then change PQgetVersion() to return LIBPQ_VERSION_NUM and add a PQgetVersionStr() that returns LIBPQ_VERSION_STR.
>>
>> That OK with you?
>

> Proposed minimal patch attached.

You sent in your patch, v2-0001-Add-PQlibVersionString-to-libpq.patch
to pgsql-hackers on Nov 11, but you did not post it to the next
CommitFest[1].  If this was intentional, then you need to take no
action.  However, if you want your patch to be reviewed as part of the
upcoming CommitFest, then you need to add it yourself before
2021-01-01 AOE[2]. Thanks for your contributions.

Regards,

[1] https://commitfest.postgresql.org/31/
[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anywhere_on_Earth

--