Re: [HACKERS] Get stuck when dropping a subscription duringsynchronizing table

От Masahiko Sawada
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Get stuck when dropping a subscription duringsynchronizing table
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jul 4, 2017 at 12:21 PM, Peter Eisentraut
> On 6/25/17 06:35, Petr Jelinek wrote:
>> - Do LockSharedObject in ALTER SUBSCRIPTION, DROP SUBSCRIPTION (this one
>> is preexisting but mentioning it for context), SetSubscriptionRelState,
>> AddSubscriptionRelState, and in the logicalrep_worker_launch. This means
>> we use granular per object locks to deal with concurrency.
>
> I have committed those locking changes, as we had already discussed them
> previously.  This should address the open item.

Thank you for committing the patch!

> Maybe we can start new threads for the other parts of the patch and
> maybe split the patch up a bit.

Yeah, let's discuss about reworking the locking and management on new thread.

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada
NTT Open Source Software Center