Re: Improve eviction algorithm in ReorderBuffer

От Masahiko Sawada
Тема Re: Improve eviction algorithm in ReorderBuffer
Дата
RE: Improve eviction algorithm in ReorderBuffer  ("Hayato Kuroda (Fujitsu)" <kuroda.hayato@fujitsu.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Mar 29, 2024 at 2:09 PM vignesh C <vignesh21@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 26 Mar 2024 at 10:05, Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, Mar 14, 2024 at 12:02 PM Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >

> > > I've attached new version patches.
> >
> > Since the previous patch conflicts with the current HEAD, I've
> > attached the rebased patches.
>
> Thanks for the updated patch.
> One comment:
> I felt we can mention the improvement where we update memory
> accounting info at transaction level instead of per change level which
> is done in ReorderBufferCleanupTXN, ReorderBufferTruncateTXN, and
> ReorderBufferSerializeTXN also in the commit message:

Agreed.

I think the patch is in good shape. I'll push the patch with the
suggestion next week, barring any objections.

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada