Re: BUG #17345: pg_basebackup stucked for 2 hours before timeout

От Masahiko Sawada
Тема Re: BUG #17345: pg_basebackup stucked for 2 hours before timeout
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi,

On Mon, Dec 27, 2021 at 1:23 PM PG Bug reporting form
<noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:

> Bug reference:      17345
> Logged by:          Bo Chen
> Email address:      bchen90@163.com
> PostgreSQL version: 11.13
> Operating system:   euleros v2r9 x86_64
>
> Hello experts,
>     I am facing an issue for pg_basebackup in docker env. when the primary
> VM restarted while pg_basebackup is running on the standby docker in VM. It
> takes 2 hours before pg_basebackup times out.
>     After analysis and reproduce the problem, I think the reason is the
> parent process for fetching data files is blocking for tcp keeplive, and it
> ignore or block SIGCHLD when running poll API. So we add signaling the
> parent when fetching wal exit not zero.

This seems to be addressed by the patch discussed here[1]. I'm not
sure it's going to be backpatched but is there any chance you could
test this patch?

Regards,

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/0F69E282-97F9-4DB7-8D6D-F927AA6340C8%40yesql.se

--