Re: Skipping logical replication transactions on subscriber side

От Masahiko Sawada
Тема Re: Skipping logical replication transactions on subscriber side
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Oct 10, 2021 at 11:04 PM Peter Eisentraut

> On 04.10.21 02:31, Masahiko Sawada wrote:
> > I guess disabling subscriptions on error/conflict and skipping the
> > particular transactions are somewhat different types of functions.
> > Disabling subscriptions on error/conflict seems likes a setting
> > parameter of subscriptions. The users might want to specify this
> > option at creation time. Whereas, skipping the particular transaction
> > is a repair function that the user might want to use on the spot in
> > case of a failure. I’m concerned a bit that combining these functions
> > to one syntax could confuse the users.
>
> Also, would the skip option be dumped and restored using pg_dump?  Maybe
> there is an argument for yes, but if not, then we probably need a
> different path of handling it separate from the more permanent options.

Good point. I don’t think the skip option should be dumped and
restored using pg_dump since the utilization of transaction ids in
another installation is different.

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada