Re: [HACKERS] Block level parallel vacuum

От Masahiko Sawada
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Block level parallel vacuum
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Feb 26, 2019 at 1:35 PM Haribabu Kommi <kommi.haribabu@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 14, 2019 at 9:17 PM Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Thank you. Attached the rebased patch.
>

> I ran some performance tests to compare the parallelism benefits,

Thank you for testing!

> but I got some strange results of performance overhead, may be it is
> because, I tested it on my laptop.

Hmm, I think the parallel vacuum would help for heavy workloads like a
big table with multiple indexes. In your test result, all executions
are completed within 1 sec, which seems to be one use case that the
parallel vacuum wouldn't help. I suspect that the table is small,
right? Anyway I'll also do performance tests.

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada
NTT Open Source Software Center