Re: Initial release notes created for 9.6

От Masahiko Sawada
Тема Re: Initial release notes created for 9.6
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, May 6, 2016 at 2:32 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> I've pushed a first cut at release notes for 9.6.  There's a good deal
> of work to do yet:
>
> * The section about parallel query could probably stand to be fleshed out,
> but I'm unsure what to say.  Somebody who's worked on that should provide
> some text.
>
> * Bruce usually likes to sprinkle the notes with a whole lot of links
> to the main docs.  I've only bothered with links for new GUCs and system
> views.
>
> * As is somewhat customary for early drafts of the notes, I've made no
> attempt to call out which are the most significant changes.  I've not
> tried to isolate the non-backwards-compatible items, either.
>
> Please review and comment before Monday, if you can.

+        Avoid re-vacuuming pages containing only frozen tuples
+        (Masahiko Sawada, Robert Haas)

+        Support synchronous replication with multiple synchronous standby
+        servers, not just one (Sawada Masahiko, Beena Emerson, Michael
+        Paquier, Fujii Masao, Kyotaro Horiguchi)

Very minor comment but I'd like to unify my name to First Last (i.g.,
Masahiko Sawada).

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada