Re: [PoC] Improve dead tuple storage for lazy vacuum

От Masahiko Sawada
Тема Re: [PoC] Improve dead tuple storage for lazy vacuum
Дата
Re: [PoC] Improve dead tuple storage for lazy vacuum  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
Re: [PoC] Improve dead tuple storage for lazy vacuum  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, May 25, 2022 at 11:48 AM Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, May 10, 2022 at 6:58 PM John Naylor
> <john.naylor@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, May 10, 2022 at 8:52 AM Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Overall, radix tree implementations have good numbers. Once we got an
> > > agreement on moving in this direction, I'll start a new thread for
> > > that and move the implementation further; there are many things to do
> > > and discuss: deletion, API design, SIMD support, more tests etc.
> >
> > +1
> >

> Thanks!
>
> I've attached an updated version patch. It is still WIP but I've
> implemented deletion and improved test cases and comments.

I've attached an updated version patch that changes the configure
script. I'm still studying how to support AVX2 on msvc build. Also,
added more regression tests.

The integration with lazy vacuum and parallel vacuum is missing for
now. In order to support parallel vacuum, we need to have the radix
tree support to be created on DSA.

Added this item to the next CF.

Regards,

--