Re: Set access strategy for parallel vacuum workers

От Masahiko Sawada
Тема Re: Set access strategy for parallel vacuum workers
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Apr 7, 2021 at 7:00 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

> During recent developments in the vacuum, it has been noticed [1] that
> parallel vacuum workers don't use any buffer access strategy. I think
> we can fix it either by propagating the required information from the
> leader or just get the access strategy in each worker separately. The
> patches for both approaches for PG-13 are attached.

Thank you for starting the new thread.

I'd prefer to just have parallel vacuum workers get BAS_VACUUM buffer
access strategy. If we want to have set different buffer access
strategies or ring buffer sizes for the leader and worker processes,
the former approach would be better. But I think we're unlikely to
want to do that, especially in back branches.

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada
EDB:  https://www.enterprisedb.com/