Re: Skipping logical replication transactions on subscriber side

От Masahiko Sawada
Тема Re: Skipping logical replication transactions on subscriber side
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Nov 18, 2021 at 12:52 PM houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com
<houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com> wrote:

> On Tuesday, November 16, 2021 2:31 PM Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Right. I've fixed this issue and attached an updated patch.
> >
> Hi,
>
> I have few comments for the testcases.
>
> 1)
>
> +my $appname = 'tap_sub';
> +$node_subscriber->safe_psql(
> +    'postgres',
> +    "CREATE SUBSCRIPTION tap_sub CONNECTION '$publisher_connstr application_name=$appname' PUBLICATION tap_pub WITH
(streaming= off, two_phase = on);");

> +my $appname_streaming = 'tap_sub_streaming';
> +$node_subscriber->safe_psql(
> +    'postgres',
> +    "CREATE SUBSCRIPTION tap_sub_streaming CONNECTION '$publisher_connstr application_name=$appname_streaming'
PUBLICATIONtap_pub_streaming WITH (streaming = on, two_phase = on);");

> +
>
> I think we can remove the 'application_name=$appname', so that the command
> could be shorter.

But we wait for the subscription to catch up by using
wait_for_catchup() with application_name, no?

> 2)
> +...(streaming = on, two_phase = on);");
> Besides, is there some reasons to set two_phase to ? If so,
> It might be better to add some comments about it.

Yes, two_phase = on is required by the tests for skip transaction
patch. WIll remove it.

> 3)
> +CREATE PUBLICATION tap_pub_streaming FOR TABLE test_tab_streaming;
> +]);
> +
>
> It seems there's no tests to use the table test_tab_streaming. I guess this
> table is used to test streaming change error, maybe we can add some tests for
> it ?

Oops, similarly this is also required by the skip transaction tests.
Will remove it.

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada
EDB:  https://www.enterprisedb.com/

От: Masahiko Sawada
Сообщение: Re: parallel vacuum comments
От: Thomas Munro
Сообщение: Warning in geqo_main.c from clang 13