Re: Skipping logical replication transactions on subscriber side

От Masahiko Sawada
Тема Re: Skipping logical replication transactions on subscriber side
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jan 19, 2022 at 4:14 PM Greg Nancarrow <gregn4422@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 18, 2022 at 5:05 PM Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I've attached a rebased patch.
>
> A couple of comments for the v8 patch:

Thank you for the comments!

> doc/src/sgml/logical-replication.sgml
>
> (1)
> Strictly-speaking it's the transaction, not transaction ID, that
> contains changes, so suggesting minor change:
>
> BEFORE:
> +   The transaction ID that contains the change violating the constraint can be
> AFTER:
> +   The ID of the transaction that contains the change violating the
> constraint can be
>

> doc/src/sgml/ref/alter_subscription.sgml
>
> (2) apply_handle_commit_internal
> It's not entirely apparent what commits the clearing of subskixpid
> here, so I suggest the following addition:
>
> BEFORE:
> + * clear subskipxid of pg_subscription.
> AFTER:
> + * clear subskipxid of pg_subscription, then commit.

These comments are merged with Peter's comments and incorporated into
the latest v9 patch[1].

Regards,

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAD21AoDOuNtvFUfU2wH2QgTJ6AyMXXh_vdA87qX0mUibdsrYTg%40mail.gmail.com

--