Re: FW: [Todo item] Add entry creation timestamp column to pg_stat_replication

От Masahiko Sawada
Тема Re: FW: [Todo item] Add entry creation timestamp column to pg_stat_replication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Aug 2, 2018 at 6:34 PM MyungKyu LIM <myungkyu.lim@samsung.com> wrote:

> I changed field name from 'reply_time' to 'last_msg_send_time'.
> Because 'last_msg_send_time' is used in pg_stat_wal_receiver/pg_stat_subsctiption view.
> I think that field has the same meaning.

I got confused by the field name. If we have 'last_msg_send_time'
field in pg_stat_replciation which has information of wal senders
users would think it as a time when the wal sender sent a message last
time. However values of the fields actually shows a time when the wal
receiver sent a reply message last time. So perhaps
'last_reply_send_time' would be more clear.

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada
NTT Open Source Software Center