Re: BUGFIX: standby disconnect can corrupt serialized reorder buffers

От Masahiko Sawada
Тема Re: BUGFIX: standby disconnect can corrupt serialized reorder buffers
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Dec 26, 2017 at 10:03 PM, Petr Jelinek
<petr.jelinek@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On 26/12/17 11:13, Masahiko Sawada wrote:

>>> Hmm, can't we simply call the new cleanup function in
>>> ReplicationSlotRelease()? That's called during process exit and we know
>>> there about slot so no extra global variables are needed.
>>>

>> I guess that ReplicationSlotRelease() currently might not get called
>> if walsender exits by proc_exit(). ReplicationSlotRelease() can is
>> called by some functions such as WalSndErrorCleanup(), but at least in
>> the case where wal sender exits due to failed to write data to socket,
>> ReplicationSlotRelease() didn't get called as far as I tested.
>>

> Are you sure about that testing? Did you test it with replication slot
> active? ReplicationSlotRelease() is called from ProcKill() if the
> process is using a slot and should be called for any kind of exit except
> for outright crash (the kind that makes postgres kill all backends). If
> it wasn't we'd never unlock the replication slot used by the exiting
> walsender.

Ah, sorry I was wrong. WalSndErrorCleanup() didn't get called but
ReplicationSlotRelease() got called. I agree that cleanup function
gets called in ReplicationSlotRelease().

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada
NTT Open Source Software Center