Re: [HACKERS] Restricting maximum keep segments by repslots

От Masahiko Sawada
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Restricting maximum keep segments by repslots
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

<CAD21AoCFtW6+SN_eVTszDAjQeeU2sSea2VpCEx08ejNafk8H9w@mail.gmail.com>
>> On Mon, Jul 9, 2018 at 2:47 PM, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
>> <horiguchi.kyotaro@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
> ..
>> Here is review comments of v4 patches.
>>
>> +       if (minKeepLSN)
>> +       {
>> +               XLogRecPtr slotPtr = XLogGetReplicationSlotMinimumLSN();
>> +               Assert(!XLogRecPtrIsInvalid(slotPtr));
>> +
>> +               tailSeg = GetOldestKeepSegment(currpos, slotPtr);
>> +
>> +               XLogSegNoOffsetToRecPtr(tailSeg, 0, *minKeepLSN,
>> wal_segment_size);
>> +       }
>>
>> The usage of XLogSegNoOffsetToRecPtr is wrong. Since we specify the
>> destination at 4th argument the wal_segment_size will be changed in
>> the above expression. The regression tests by PostgreSQL Patch Tester
>
> I'm not sure I get this correctly, the definition of the macro is
> as follows.
>
> | #define XLogSegNoOffsetToRecPtr(segno, offset, dest, wal_segsz_bytes) \
> |               (dest) = (segno) * (wal_segsz_bytes) + (offset)
>
> The destination is the *3rd* parameter and the forth is segment
> size which is not to be written.

Please see commit a22445ff0b which flipped input and output arguments.
So maybe you need to rebase the patches to current HEAD.

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada
NTT Open Source Software Center