Re: [BUG] Logical replication failure "ERROR: could not map filenode "base/13237/442428" to relation OID" with catalog modifying txns

От Masahiko Sawada
Тема Re: [BUG] Logical replication failure "ERROR: could not map filenode "base/13237/442428" to relation OID" with catalog modifying txns
Дата
Ответ на Re: [BUG] Logical replication failure "ERROR: could not map filenode "base/13237/442428" to relation OID" with catalog modifying txns  (Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com>)
Ответы Re: [BUG] Logical replication failure "ERROR: could not map filenode "base/13237/442428" to relation OID" with catalog modifying txns  (Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jul 8, 2022 at 5:59 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 8, 2022 at 12:46 PM Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, Jul 8, 2022 at 3:27 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >

> > > 1.
> > > In ReorderBufferGetCatalogChangesXacts(), isn't it better to use the
> > > list length of 'catchange_txns' to allocate xids array? If we can do
> > > so, then we will save the need to repalloc as well.
> >
> > Since ReorderBufferGetcatalogChangesXacts() collects all ongoing
> > catalog modifying transactions, the length of the array could be
> > bigger than the one taken last time. We can start with the previous
> > length but I think we cannot remove the need for repalloc.
> >

> It is using the list "catchange_txns" to form xid array which
> shouldn't change for the duration of
> ReorderBufferGetCatalogChangesXacts(). Then the caller frees the xid
> array after its use. Next time in
> ReorderBufferGetCatalogChangesXacts(), the fresh allocation for xid
> array happens, so not sure why repalloc would be required?

Oops, I mistook catchange_txns for catchange->xcnt. You're right.
Starting with the length of catchange_txns should be sufficient.

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada
EDB:  https://www.enterprisedb.com/