Re: Freeze avoidance of very large table.

От Masahiko Sawada
Тема Re: Freeze avoidance of very large table.
Дата
Re: Freeze avoidance of very large table.  (Jeff Janes <jeff.janes@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Dec 1, 2015 at 3:04 AM, Jeff Janes <jeff.janes@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 30, 2015 at 9:18 AM, Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Thanks for the update.  This now conflicts with the updates doesn to
>>> fix pg_upgrade out-of-space issue on Windows. I've fixed (I think) the
>>> conflict in order to do some testing, but I'd like to get an updated
>>> patch from the author in case I did it wrong.  I don't want to find
>>> bugs that I just introduced myself.
>>>

>> Thank you for having a look.
>>
>> Attached updated v28 patch.
>> Please review it.
>>
>> Regards,
>
> After running pg_upgrade, if I manually vacuum a table a start getting warnings:
>
> WARNING:  page is not marked all-visible (and all-frozen) but
> visibility map bit(s) is set in relation "foo" page 32756
> WARNING:  page is not marked all-visible (and all-frozen) but
> visibility map bit(s) is set in relation "foo" page 32756
> WARNING:  page is not marked all-visible (and all-frozen) but
> visibility map bit(s) is set in relation "foo" page 32757
> WARNING:  page is not marked all-visible (and all-frozen) but
> visibility map bit(s) is set in relation "foo" page 32757
>
> The warnings are right where the blocks would start using the 2nd page
> of the _vm, so I think the problem is there.  And looking at the code,
> I think that "cur += SizeOfPageHeaderData;" in the inner loop cannot
> be correct.  We can't skip a header in the current (old) block each
> time we reach the end of the new block.  The thing we are skipping in
> the current block is half the time not a header, but the data at the
> halfway point through the block.

Thank you for reviewing.

You're right, it's not necessary.
Attached latest v29 patch which removes the mention in pg_upgrade documentation.

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada

Вложения

От: Dean Rasheed
Сообщение: Re: Proposal: Trigonometric functions in degrees