Re: parallel vacuum comments

От Masahiko Sawada
Тема Re: parallel vacuum comments
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Dec 10, 2021 at 9:08 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 9, 2021 at 6:05 PM Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, Dec 9, 2021 at 7:44 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Agreed with the above two points.
> >
> > I've attached updated patches that incorporated the above comments
> > too. Please review them.
> >

> I have made the following minor changes to the 0001 patch: (a) An
> assert was removed from dead_items_max_items() which I added back. (b)
> Removed an unnecessary semicolon from one of the statements in
> compute_parallel_vacuum_workers(). (c) Changed comments at a few
> places. (d) moved all parallel_vacuum_* related functions together.
> (e) ran pgindent and slightly modify the commit message.
>
> Let me know what you think of the attached?

Thank you for updating the patch!

The patch also moves some functions, e.g., update_index_statistics()
is moved without code changes. I agree to move functions for
consistency but that makes the review hard and the patch complicated.
I think it's better to do improving the parallel vacuum code and
moving functions in separate patches.

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada