Re: Revive num_dead_tuples column of pg_stat_progress_vacuum

От Masahiko Sawada
Тема Re: Revive num_dead_tuples column of pg_stat_progress_vacuum
Дата
Re: Revive num_dead_tuples column of pg_stat_progress_vacuum
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jun 5, 2024 at 7:19 PM Andrey M. Borodin <x4mmm@yandex-team.ru> wrote:

> > On 4 Jun 2024, at 00:26, Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thank you! Vacuum enhancement is a really good step forward, and this small change would help a lot of observability
tools.

> > On 4 Jun 2024, at 00:49, Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> wrote:
> >
> > Can we rename this to num_dead_item_ids (or something similar) in
> > passing?
>
> I do not insist, but many tools will have to adapt to this change [0,1]. However, most of tools will have to deal
withremoved max_dead_tuples anyway [2], so this is not that big problem.

True, this incompatibility would not be a big problem.

num_dead_item_ids seems good to me. I've updated the patch that
incorporated the comment from Álvaro[1].

Regards,

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/202406041535.pmyty3ci4pfd%40alvherre.pgsql

--
Masahiko Sawada

Вложения

От: Jeff Davis
Сообщение: Re: report on not thread-safe functions
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: question regarding policy for patches to out-of-support branches