Re: add line number as prompt option to psql

От Sawada Masahiko
Тема Re: add line number as prompt option to psql
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jul 7, 2014 at 8:33 PM, Jeevan Chalke
<jeevan.chalke@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Found two (A and B) issues with latest patch:
>
> A:
> -- Set prompts
> postgres=# \set PROMPT1 '%/[%l]%R%# '
> postgres[1]=# \set PROMPT2 '%/[%l]%R%# '
>
> postgres[1]=#
> postgres[1]=# select
> postgres[2]-# *
> postgres[3]-# from
> postgres[4]-# abc;
> ERROR:  relation "abc" does not exist
> LINE 4: abc;
>         ^
>
> Now I used \e to edit the source. Deleted last line i.e. "abc;" and
> returned to prompt, landed at line 4, typed "abc;"
>
> postgres[1]=# \e
> postgres[4]-# abc;
> ERROR:  relation "abc" does not exist
> LINE 5: abc;
>         ^
>
> In above steps, error message says "LINE 5", where as on prompt "abc" is at
> line 4.
>

> postgres[1]=# select
> *
> from
> abc;
> ERROR:  relation "abc" does not exist
> LINE 4: abc;
>         ^
>
> Here I again see error at line 4. Something fishy. Please investigate.
> Looks like bug in LINE numbering in error message, not sure though.
> But with prompt line number feature, it should be sync to each other.
>

> B:
> However, I see that you have removed the code changes related to INT_MAX.
> Why?
> I have set cur_line to INT_MAX - 2 and then observed that after 2 lines I
> start getting negative numbers.

Thank you for reviewing the patch.
I have revised the patch, and attached.

> A:
> But with prompt line number feature, it should be sync to each other.

This patch can handle this case.

> B:
> However, I see that you have removed the code changes related to INT_MAX.
> Why?

I had mistake to remove them. I added them to latest patch.

Regards,

-------
Sawada Masahiko

Вложения

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: IMPORT FOREIGN SCHEMA statement