Re: Proposal: knowing detail of config files via SQL

От Sawada Masahiko
Тема Re: Proposal: knowing detail of config files via SQL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 4:36 AM, Jim Nasby <Jim.Nasby@bluetreble.com> wrote:

> Would this view have a row for every option in a config file? IE: if you set
> something in both postgresql.conf and postgresql.auto.conf, would it show up
> twice? I think it should, and that there should be a way to see which
> setting is actually in effect.

yes.

> It looks like you're attempting to handle #include, yes?

Of course yes.

>> Also other idea is to add additional columns existing view
>> (pg_settings), according to prev discussion.
>

> I think it would be useful to have a separate view that shows all
> occurrences of a setting. I recall some comment about source_file and
> source_line not always being correct in pg_settings; if that's true we
> should fix that.

You mean that pg_settings view shows the variable in current session?
pg_settings view shows can be changed if user set the GUC parameter in
session or GUC parameter is set to role individually.
But I don't think pg_file_settings view has such a behavior.

Regards,

-------
Sawada Masahiko