Re: fixing failed master after standby promotion

От Masahiko Sawada
Тема Re: fixing failed master after standby promotion
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sun, Aug 7, 2016 at 10:55 PM, Aviel Buskila <aviel33@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey ,
> I have been setting a configuration of 2 nodes (master and standby)
> replicating using repmgr, and 1 server using for load balancing using
> pgpool-II.
> Now after the master has failed, the standby was successfully promoted.
> I would like to know if there is any elegant way to semi-automatically
> resync the failed master and re-register him as a standby server?

I'm not familiar with repmgr but you can use the pg_rewind in order to
automatically synchronize a data cluster if you use PostgreSQL 9.5 or
later.
In 9.4 or before, you need to take whole backup from the new master
server, for example using pg_basebackup.

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada