Re: Potential data loss due to race condition during logical replication slot creation

От Masahiko Sawada
Тема Re: Potential data loss due to race condition during logical replication slot creation
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Jul 10, 2024 at 10:15 AM Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> wrote:

>  If we go this approach,
> I think we should check if the flag is set before finding the start
> point.

Checking if the flag is set in DecodingContextFindStartpoint()
requires introducing a new function in snapbuild.c and the function
would be used only in an Assertion. So the attached updated patch
doesn't introduce such a function. If it's really worth it, I can add
it, but I think we can live without that.

Overall I think the patches are in good shape, so I'm going to push
them tomorrow, barring any objections and further comments.

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Potential data loss due to race condition during logical replication slot creation
Сообщение: Re: Potential data loss due to race condition during logical replication slot creation