Re: Reviewing freeze map code

От Masahiko Sawada
Тема Re: Reviewing freeze map code
Дата
Re: Reviewing freeze map code  (Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jul 1, 2016 at 11:12 AM, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 30, 2016 at 8:10 PM, Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> For back branches, I agree that heap_lock_tuple is sufficient,
>>
>> Even if we use heap_lock_tuple, If server crashed after flushed heap
>> but not vm, after crash recovery the heap is still marked all-visible
>> on vm.
>
> So, in this case both vm and page will be marked as all_visible.
>
>> This case could be happen even on released branched, and could make
>> IndexOnlyScan returns wrong result?
>>

> Why do you think IndexOnlyScan will return wrong result?  If the
> server crash in the way as you described, the transaction that has
> made modifications will anyway be considered aborted, so the result of
> IndexOnlyScan should not be wrong.

Ah, you're right, I misunderstood.

Attached updated patch incorporating your comments.
I've changed it so that heap_xlog_lock clears vm flags if page is
marked all frozen.

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada

Вложения

От: Merlin Moncure
Сообщение: Re: EXISTS clauses not being optimized in the face of 'one time pass' optimizable expressions