Re: BUG #17296: replication slot self-removed after created

От Masahiko Sawada
Тема Re: BUG #17296: replication slot self-removed after created
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Mon, Nov 22, 2021 at 10:45 PM PG Bug reporting form
<noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:

> Bug reference:      17296
> Logged by:          Anna
> Email address:      podkina@gmail.com
> PostgreSQL version: 12.8
> Operating system:   Oracle Linux Server release 8.4
>
> Hello!
> I've met the problem with the cluster by patroni.
> Cluster configuration: 3 nodes, etcd downstairs.
> I tried to set up the Standby cluster through the replication slot as I did
> it before on the same version of patroni/PostgreSQL, but different OS and
> hardware environment.
> (not sure it's important)
>
> Anyway, I create the replication slot by the command (psql, locally on the
> host):
> SELECT pg_create_physical_replication_slot('patroni12_standby', true);
>
> Immediately after I see my slot in pg_replication_slots
> Then in a few seconds, there is no slot.

Other than temporary replication slots, as far as I know, there is no
functionality in PostgreSQL that automatically drops replication
slots. Given that you created the persistent replication slot
‘patroni12_standby’, it’s likely that other components in your system
dropped it. It might be a good idea to set log_statement = ‘all’ and
log_replication_commands = ‘on’ in order to identify who dropped the
replication slot.

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada