Re: [HACKERS] Subscription code improvements

От Masahiko Sawada
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Subscription code improvements
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jan 26, 2018 at 11:41 AM, Peter Eisentraut
> On 1/24/18 02:33, Masahiko Sawada wrote:
>> Thank you for notification. Since it seems to me that no one is
>> interested in this patch, it would be better to close out this patch.
>> This patch is a refactoring patch but subscription code seems to work
>> fine so far. If a problem appears around subscriptions, I might
>> propose it again.
>
> I have looked at the patches again.

Thank you for looking at this.

>  They seem generally reasonable, but
> I don't see quite why we want or need them.  More details would help
> review them.  Do they fix any bugs, or are they just rearranging code?

0002 patch rearranges the code. Currently SetSubscriptionRelState()
not only update but also register a record, and it is controlled by
update_only argument. This patch splits SetSubscriptionRelState() into
AddSubscriptionRelState() and UpdateSubscriptionRelstate(). 0001, 0003
and 0004 patch are improvement patches. 0001 patch improves messaging
during worker startup. 0004 patch, which requires 0003 patch, patch
reduce the lock level for DROP SUBSCRIPTION to RowExclusiveLock.

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada
NTT Open Source Software Center