[HACKERS] Refreshing subscription relation state inside a transaction block

От Masahiko Sawada
Тема [HACKERS] Refreshing subscription relation state inside a transaction block
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

The commit ddd7b22b225ae41d16ceb218b387645cb9becfdc makes table sync
workers stop when subscription relation entry is removed. It doesn't
work fine inside transaction block. I think we should disallow to use
the following subscription DDLs inside a transaction block. Attached
patch.

* ALTER SUBSCRIPTION SET PUBLICATION WITH (refresh = true)
* ALTER SUBSCRIPTION REFRESH PUBLICATION

Also, even if we rollback ALTER SUBSCRIPTION REFRESH PUBLICATION, the
error message "NOTICE:  removed subscription for table public.t1"
appears. It's not a bug but might confuse the user.

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada
NTT Open Source Software Center