Re: Perform streaming logical transactions by background workers and parallel apply

От Masahiko Sawada
Тема Re: Perform streaming logical transactions by background workers and parallel apply
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, May 4, 2022 at 8:44 AM Peter Smith <smithpb2250@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, May 3, 2022 at 5:16 PM Peter Smith <smithpb2250@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Avoiding unexpected differences like this is why I suggested the
> > option should have to be explicitly enabled instead of being on by
> > default as it is in the current patch. See my review comment #14 [1].
> > It means the user won't have to change their existing code as a
> > workaround.
> >
> > ------
> > [1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAHut%2BPuqYP5eD5wcSCtk%3Da6KuMjat2UCzqyGoE7sieCaBsVskQ%40mail.gmail.com
> >

> Sorry I was wrong above. It seems this behaviour was already changed
> in the latest patch v5 so now the option value 'on' means what it
> always did. Thanks!

Having it optional seems a good idea. BTW can the user configure how
many apply bgworkers can be used per subscription or in the whole
system? Like max_sync_workers_per_subscription, is it better to have a
configuration parameter or a subscription option for that? If so,
setting it to 0 probably means to disable the parallel apply feature.

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada
EDB:  https://www.enterprisedb.com/