Re: parallel vacuum comments

От Masahiko Sawada
Тема Re: parallel vacuum comments
Дата
RE: parallel vacuum comments  ("houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com" <houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Dec 14, 2021 at 12:03 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 14, 2021 at 7:40 AM tanghy.fnst@fujitsu.com
> <tanghy.fnst@fujitsu.com> wrote:

> > > I've attached the patch. I've just moved some functions back but not
> > > done other changes.
> > >

> > Thanks for your patch.
> >
> > I tested your patch and tried some cases, like large indexes, different types of indexes, it worked well.
> >
> > Besides, I noticed a typo as follows:
> >
> > +       /* Estimate size for index vacuum stats -- PARALLEL_VACUUM_KEY_STATS */
> >
> > "PARALLEL_VACUUM_KEY_STATS" should be "PARALLEL_VACUUM_KEY_INDEX_STATS".
> >

> Thanks, I can take care of this before committing. The v9-0001* looks
> good to me as well, so, I am planning to commit that tomorrow unless I
> see more comments or any objection to that.

Thanks!

> There is still pending
> work related to moving parallel vacuum code to a separate file and a
> few other pending comments that are still under discussion. We can
> take care of those in subsequent patches. Do, let me know if you or
> others think differently?

I'm on the same page.

I've attached an updated patch. The patch incorporated several changes
from the last version:

* Rename parallel_vacuum_begin() to parallel_vacuum_init()
* Unify the terminology; use "index bulk-deletion" and "index cleanup"
instead of "index vacuum" and "index cleanup".
* Fix the comment of parallel_vacuum_init() pointed out by Andres
* Fix a typo that is left in commit 22bd3cbe0c (pointed out by Hou)

Please review it.

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada