Re: VACUUM fails to parse 0 and 1 as boolean value

От Masahiko Sawada
Тема Re: VACUUM fails to parse 0 and 1 as boolean value
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, May 15, 2019 at 2:52 AM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 2019-05-15 02:45:21 +0900, Fujii Masao wrote:
> > VACUUM fails to parse 0 and 1 as boolean value
> >
> > The document for VACUUM explains
> >
> >     boolean
> >     Specifies whether the selected option should be turned on or off.
> >     You can write TRUE, ON, or 1 to enable the option, and FALSE, OFF,
> >     or 0 to disable it.
> >
> > But VACUUM fails to parse 0 and 1 as boolean value as follows.
> >
> >     =# VACUUM (INDEX_CLEANUP 1);
> >     ERROR:  syntax error at or near "1" at character 23
> >     STATEMENT:  VACUUM (INDEX_CLEANUP 1);
> >
> > This looks a bug. The cause of this is a lack of NumericOnly clause
> > for vac_analyze_option_arg in gram.y. The attached patch
> > adds such NumericOnly. The bug exists only in 12dev.

Thank you for reporting and the patch.

> > Barring any objection, I will commit the patch.
>
> Might be worth having a common rule for such options, so we don't
> duplicate the knowledge between different places.

+1 for committing this patch.

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada
NTT Open Source Software Center

От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: PSA: New intel MDS vulnerability mitigations cause measurableslowdown
От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: Inconsistent error message wording for REINDEX CONCURRENTLY