Re: Proposal : REINDEX xxx VERBOSE

От Sawada Masahiko
Тема Re: Proposal : REINDEX xxx VERBOSE
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, May 1, 2015 at 1:38 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 9:15 AM, Sawada Masahiko <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I thought we agreed on moving this earlier in the command:
>>>
>>> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/18569.1423159294@sss.pgh.pa.us
>>>

>> Oh, I see.
>> Attached patch is modified syntax as
>> REINDEX [VERBOSE] { INDEX | ... } name
>>
>> Thought?
>
> I thought what we agreed on was:
>
> REINDEX (flexible options) { INDEX | ... } name
>
> The argument wasn't about whether to use flexible options, but where
> in the command to put them.

VACUUM has both syntax: with parentheses and without parentheses.
I think we should have both syntax for REINDEX like VACUUM does
because it would be pain to put parentheses whenever we want to do
REINDEX.
Are the parentheses optional in REINDEX command?

And CLUSTER should have syntax like that in future?

Regards,

-------
Sawada Masahiko