Re: [BUG] Logical replication failure "ERROR: could not map filenode "base/13237/442428" to relation OID" with catalog modifying txns

От Masahiko Sawada
Тема Re: [BUG] Logical replication failure "ERROR: could not map filenode "base/13237/442428" to relation OID" with catalog modifying txns
Дата
Ответ на Re: [BUG] Logical replication failure "ERROR: could not map filenode "base/13237/442428" to relation OID" with catalog modifying txns  (Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jul 20, 2022 at 9:58 AM Kyotaro Horiguchi
<horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> wrote:

> At Tue, 19 Jul 2022 17:31:07 +0900, Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> wrote in
> > On Tue, Jul 19, 2022 at 4:35 PM Kyotaro Horiguchi
> > <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > At Tue, 19 Jul 2022 10:17:15 +0530, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote in
> > >
> > > But xip must be positive there.  We can add a comment explains that.
> > >

> > Yes, if we add the comment for it, probably we need to explain a gcc's
> > optimization but it seems to be too much to me.
>
> Ah, sorry. I confused with other place in SnapBuildPurgeCommitedTxn.
> I agree to you, that we don't need additional comment *there*.
>
> > > +       catchange_xip = ReorderBufferGetCatalogChangesXacts(builder->reorder);
> > >
> > > catchange_xip is allocated in the current context, but ondisk is
> > > allocated in builder->context.  I see it kind of inconsistent (even if
> > > the current context is same with build->context).
> >
> > Right. I thought that since the lifetime of catchange_xip is short,
> > until the end of SnapBuildSerialize() function we didn't need to
> > allocate it in builder->context. But given ondisk, we need to do that
> > for catchange_xip as well. Will fix it.
>
> Thanks.
>
> > > +       if (builder->committed.xcnt > 0)
> > > +       {
> > >
> > > It seems to me comitted.xip is always non-null, so we don't need this.
> > > I don't strongly object to do that, though.
> >
> > But committed.xcnt could be 0, right? We don't need to copy anything
> > by calling memcpy with size = 0 in this case. Also, it looks more
> > consistent with what we do for catchange_xcnt.
>
> Mmm. the patch changed that behavior. AllocateSnapshotBuilder always
> allocate the array with a fixed size. SnapBuildAddCommittedTxn still
 > assumes builder->committed.xip is non-NULL.  SnapBuildRestore *kept*
> ondisk.builder.commited.xip populated with a valid array pointer. But
> the patch allows committed.xip be NULL, thus in that case,
> SnapBuildAddCommitedTxn calls repalloc(NULL) which triggers assertion
> failure.

IIUC the patch doesn't allow committed.xip to be NULL since we don't
overwrite it if builder->committed.xcnt is 0 (i.e.,
ondisk.builder.committed.xip is NULL):

    builder->committed.xcnt = ondisk.builder.committed.xcnt;
    /* We only allocated/stored xcnt, not xcnt_space xids ! */
    /* don't overwrite preallocated xip, if we don't have anything here */
    if (builder->committed.xcnt > 0)
    {
        pfree(builder->committed.xip);
        builder->committed.xcnt_space = ondisk.builder.committed.xcnt;
        builder->committed.xip = ondisk.builder.committed.xip;
    }

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada