Re: Copy & Re-copy of DB

От Benedict Holland
Тема Re: Copy & Re-copy of DB
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Pg_dump and pg_restore are what you want. They create sql files that you pass around.

But seriously, if you have two servers running, replicate one or have your application point to a server address that you can direct via dns to whatever active one you want. Postgres makes replication simple. There are a lot of solutions for your problem but the 1:1 solution to copy over a single file and load it is pg_dump and pg_restore.

Thanks,
Ben