Re: Copy & Re-copy of DB

От Benedict Holland
Тема Re: Copy & Re-copy of DB
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I mean... the best? You just laid out a bunch of steps to define a process. I will tell you that this sounds like a bad process and that there are easier ways to make changes like inside of a transaction or backing up a database before making changes or creating a table replication job, making changes to one server, and push it to the other one.

But you didn't want to do that. You wanted to create a single file for your database, load it into a server, make changes, and copy them back. I would say that this is an overly complicated and unnecessary process but if that is how you want to make changes then what you described is the set of steps.

Thanks,
Ben