Re: Is there a way to dump schema to files on disk and keep them in sync

От Benedict Holland
Тема Re: Is there a way to dump schema to files on disk and keep them in sync
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I mean, you want to dump a schema into a directory. Alembic, sqlalchemy and pathlib will do that in a few minutes. If you want to sync changes then write alembic change scripts and reflect those changes in the ORM, alembic does that. Modifying the ORM and reflecting those changes is a terrible idea and no one does it well. Every application has huge caveats baked into their application so I recommend not doing that. Buy seriously, this is a few hours of work or less.

Thanks,
Ben

On Sun, Dec 13, 2020, 4:05 PM Tim Uckun <timuckun@gmail.com> wrote:
>pgAdmin does not create directories, it just organizes the contents of
the system catalogs into GUI elements.

I realize that :). I meant organized in the same way but on disk.