Packaging - Packages names consistency (RPM)

От Bruno Lavoie
Тема Packaging - Packages names consistency (RPM)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Hackers,

First, thanks for working on such a great database! :)

We're currently trying to automate our PostgreSQL setup by using Ansible. We have an Ansible role for which we can specify supplemental extensions for which a deployment must install.

To keep it simple across deployed version we simply ask to specify extension list, as simple as:
  • pgaudit
  • postgis
  • wal2json
  • ... and so on ...

In the installation steps, we simply install all of these packages and add the version to the name. But it appears that some package names are either:
  • <package>_<version>
  • <package><version>
So, it is impossible to simply ask the package/extension name and programmatically add the version using a common pattern. I think that if we use the underscore to specify the version, it should be the same across all versions.

Maybe I'm missing something
Thanks
Bruno Lavoie