Re: Proposal for adding an example "expanded" data type to contrib

От Michel Pelletier
Тема Re: Proposal for adding an example "expanded" data type to contrib
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Nov 8, 2021 at 8:07 AM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:
On 2021-Nov-08, Michel Pelletier wrote:

> I posted this last week to psql-general, and Pavel Stehule suggested it
> would be a good candidate for inclusion in the contrib collection and that
> I write this proposal to suggest the extension get into the next commit
> fest.

Hmm, I think src/test/modules/ would be a better place for it than
contrib/ -- alongside plsample, which has a similar intention.

Ah excellent suggestion, that dir had slipped my mind.  I see the readme says:

"src/test/modules contains PostgreSQL extensions that are primarily or entirely intended for testing PostgreSQL and/or to serve as example code."

so that seems quite appropriate, thanks!

-Michel

--
Álvaro Herrera              Valdivia, Chile  —  https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/