pg_dumpall renders ALTER TABLE for a view?

От Michel Pelletier
Тема pg_dumpall renders ALTER TABLE for a view?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello,

We found the root cause for an issue we encountered restoring a saved database stored with pg_dumpall, but during this investigation we realized that pg_dump/all renders `ALTER TABLE` statements for views, for example to convey ownership.

I get that this is synonymous in most cases, except when there is an event trigger for `ALTER TABLE`, it ends up firing the event trigger for the views, and any event triggers expected to fire on `ALTER VIEW` statements do not fire.

Is this something we can contribute a fix for, or is this some kind of necessary b/w compat issue that must remain?  Looking at the history of ALTER VIEW it looks like it has existed since at least 9.0, so it seems safe to me from a b/w compat standpoint to render the correct statement.

Thanks!

-Michel