Re: Dumping security labels for extension owned tables?

От Michel Pelletier
Тема Re: Dumping security labels for extension owned tables?
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Wed, Dec 14, 2022 at 11:29 AM Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123@gmail.com> wrote:

Note that if a table is part of an extension, pg_extension_config_dump
will only lead pg_dump to emit the table data, not the table DDL.  The
table itself must be entirely created by the extension script, and any
modification done afterwards to a table (or any other object) that is
part of an extension (a security label but also a comment, new columns
or anything else) will just be lost.  That's how extensions are
designed, and indeed trying to do inter-extension dependencies like
this isn't going to work.

Ah my bad, sorry for the noise Julien, the create extension statement is correctly dumped and it applies the label, so I shouldn't have been expecting the label in the dump (as you informed me).  There is some other root cause for the problem we are observing and we are continuing to dig into it.

Thank you for your quick reply!

-Michel