Re: Benchmark of using JSON to transport query results in node.js

От Michel Pelletier
Тема Re: Benchmark of using JSON to transport query results in node.js
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 10:31 AM Mitar <mmitar@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi!

> Another option is to query directly from node.js and get JSON or native query from the database (extensive use of functions / stored procedures).

For web applications, I was even thinking about this crazy approach:
get PostgreSQL to encode all results in JSON, and then in node.js do
not parse JSON, but send it as string directly to the browser.

Not crazy at all, that's basically how PostgREST works:

-Michel