Re: ERROR: out of shared memory

От Michael Moore
Тема Re: ERROR: out of shared memory
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
I'll give that a go.

On Wed, Nov 2, 2016 at 2:49 PM, David G. Johnston <david.g.johnston@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, Nov 2, 2016 at 2:31 PM, Michael Moore <michaeljmoore@gmail.com> wrote:
ERROR: out of shared memory
SQL state: 53200
Hint: You might need to increase max_locks_per_transaction.
Context: SQL statement "drop table if exists temp_rslt"
Here is an overview of the processing that is causing this.

I have a function I wrote named  fGetQuestions. This function is very complex, but one of the things it does is create several TEMP tables. Here is a snipit of code that does it:
drop table if exists temp_rslt;
drop table if exists campuslocation_rslt;
drop table if exists final_rslt;
create temporary table temp_rslt of ypxportal2__fgetquestions on commit drop;
create temporary table campuslocation_rslt of ypxportal2__fgetquestions on commit drop;
create temporary table final_rslt of ypxportal2__fgetquestions on commit drop;

[...]

Is there anything I can do to make sure that when fGetQuestions returns to  mikes_fget_questions_tester()  that all of the fGetQuestions resources are freed?

Maybe try losing the DROP TABLES and just do:​

​CREATE TEMP TABLE ... IF NOT EXISTS ... ON COMMIT DROP;
TRUNCATE ...;

​David J.​

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: ERROR: out of shared memory
Сообщение: Re: ERROR: out of shared memory