Re: need advice for simple web development tools

От Michael Moore
Тема Re: need advice for simple web development tools
Дата
Список pgsql-sql

On Mon, Mar 28, 2016 at 4:41 PM, David Binney <donkeysoft@gmail.com> wrote:
Hey Michael,

If you are new to development and would like a very simple setup, I would suggest one of the php frameworks such as cakePHP or Symphony. With these you should be able to scaffold up a very basic application within the hour, which is the same for ROR and djangoproject(python).

I have been developing for a long time and still always fall back to php with a framework, for its sheer simplicity of setup, deployment, hosting and scaling. CakePHP 3x has some good introduction tutorials as well.

Obviously this is personal opinion, but the fact that our interns can learn, develop and push out 'heavily" used app apps in a very short timeframe, makes me think its not too bad ;).

--
Steve also raises a good point, that if you are just setting up websites then Wordpress/Durupal or Joomla which could be used with no coding required, and more flexibility on the client end.

On Tue, 29 Mar 2016 at 08:59 Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
On 03/28/2016 03:51 PM, Michael Moore wrote:
> I want to create some web page screens with postgres as the db. It is
> just for simple prototyping. I don't need scalability or high
> performance. I just want the simplest possible environment to toss up
> some quick web pages with postgres data. Hopefully no app server or
> middle tier.
> What should I be looking at?

Since you are using a database I am assuming you want the pages to be at
least somewhat dynamic e.g. respond to user input. If this is the case
that would tend to point to some sort of middle tier to negotiate
between the Web server and the database.

So some questions:

1) What exactly are you trying to achieve in terms of interaction
between the user and the data?

2) What language(s) do you want to work in?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Cheers David Binney

Basically I just wanted to some basic Add Change Inquire Delete functionality. I've been developing software for about 40 years. First job was Fortran. So, I have a bit of experience but most of it not relevant at this point. Anyway I'm not averse to learning new technologies. I'm going to look into cakePHP.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Mike

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: need advice for simple web development tools
Сообщение: Re: need advice for simple web development tools