Re: Perplexing, regular decline in performance

От Benjamin Scherrey
Тема Re: Perplexing, regular decline in performance
Дата
Re: Perplexing, regular decline in performance
Список pgsql-performance
Have you done a VACUUM ANALYZE FULL on your database? This needs to be done periodically to inform the server of the statistics of how the data and relations are distributed across the database. Without this bad assumptions by the planner can cause degradation of performance. Also, if you are using the default settings in postgres.conf then understand those are established to use the absolute minimum amount of resources possible which means not taking advantage of available memory or CPUs that may be available in your environment that would make the database server more performant.

Please investigate these and then report back any details of what you've done to try to improve performance.

  best regards,