Re: wal archiving question

От akp geek
Тема Re: wal archiving question
Дата
Список pgsql-general
 WAL archives is growing, not the files  in pg_xlog.

Regards

On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 3:38 PM, Albe Laurenz <laurenz.albe@wien.gv.at> wrote:
akp geek wrote:
> We have postgres 9.0.4 since an year. Replication also set up and works fine.
>  On the master. The wal files are growing and it's almost gone to 90% of the disk.
>  How can I handle the situation. Can I delete the old files.  Please advice

Are the WAL files (the ones in pg_xlog) growing or the WAL archives?

If the former, then you maybe got an archiving problem
(consult the server log).

If the latter, you'd have to manually delete some,
but take care that you don't delete any that you still
need either for restoring a backup or for the standby to
catch up.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe