Re: Replication Question

От Bala Venkat
Тема Re: Replication Question
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks for the help. We need an upgrade on the DB for the solution. I checked your suggestion and it works on versions from 9.1 and above

Regards

On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 12:04 PM, Andreas Kretschmer <akretschmer@spamfence.net> wrote:
Bala Venkat <akpgeek@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi there -
>
>            We have a set up where there is One master streaming to 3 Slaves .
> 2 slaves are in our DR environment. One is the prod environment.
>
>           Wanted to make the DR as primary. I know we can make the one of the
> slave in DR to primary. If I want to keep the other slave as slave connecting
> to the new Master DR , is it possible ? or I have to set the whole streaming
> process again in DR ?  Can you please share your experience ?

should be possible, but you have to change the recovery.conf to point
out to the new master, and, of course, the new master should stream the
wals (wal_sender, proper pg_hba.conf and so on).

Andreas
unintentional side effect.                              (Linus Torvalds)
"If I was god, I would recompile penguin with --enable-fly."   (unknown)
Kaufbach, Saxony, Germany, Europe.              N 51.05082°, E 13.56889°